A Brush With Kindness Program
A Brush with kindness helps families revitalize the appearance of their homes by offering exterior painting and improvements for a low cost; the program helps low-income homeowners reclaim their home with pride and dignity.
Additional Services Available
- Yard: Tree pruning, replacement of native plants, brush, limb removal
- Roof: Moss removal, scattered patching
- Gutters: clean or replace; soffit and fascia repair
- Porch: repair or replace
- Deck: repair or replace
- Repair fence
- Siding & Trim: minor repairs
- Driveway & Sidewalks: minor repairs, small patching
- Accessibility Modifications: wheelchair ramps
- The home must be the applicant’s primary residence, located in a program zip code and the homeowner must live in the house.
- Total gross household income for all residents over age 18 must fall between under 80% of the median household income for Clinton County to be eligible.
- Homeowners’ insurance and property taxes must be up-to-date.
- Family members are expected to work alongside Habitat volunteers while the repairs are being done. Don’t worry, no construction experience necessary!
- Habitat will review the repair list and job costs with the homeowner, for their approval of all costs, before work begins.
- Some repairs, including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, structural, will be done by licensed contractors.
- As a condition of approval, the homeowner will be required to provide a signed photo release, photos of the family and home (both before and after) and a family biography so Champlain Valley Habitat for Humanity can promote the program
Read over the above again and feel free to reach out to us via email and we will answer any questions you may have. To fill out the application click the below link: