Please read over the below information fully as this will help you to see if you meet the eligibility requirements to receive a substantially reduced mortgage for the house that you may receive. The link to apply is below all the requirements.
Ability to Pay
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
a steady, reliable source of income and demonstrate financial responsibility
the ability to pay a monthly house payment at up to 30% of gross monthly income (taxes and insurance included)
the ability to pay projected monthly utilities (electric/gas & water/sewer)
NOT have filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 years
NOT have outstanding collections, liens or judgments that cannot reasonably be paid by the completion of the home build
There Must Be A Demonstrated Need In Order To Qualify For A Habitat Home
• Need is determined by a family’s current living conditions.
• Structural/mechanical problems in building.
• Visible holes or large cracks leaks, hazardous/toxic materials electrical problems plumbing problems appliances not working.
• Inadequate sleeping arrangements.
• More than 2 persons share a room different gendered children sharing a room persons having to sleep on the floor.
• Unsanitary conditions or health risks.
• Bugs, rodents, sewage problems, stairway in disrepair, allergy concerns.
• Temporary or transitional housing.
• Family is currently living with relatives, is in an emergency shelter, or is homelessness.
• Current housing does not meet the family’s physical needs
There must be a Willingness to Partner with the Affiliate.
Success for a Family that may never have owned their own house before starts with being part of the construction process. By helping to build their own house, the family learns how to take care of their house and takes pride in home ownership. A partner family must be willing to complete “sweat-equity” hours.
“Sweat-equity” is when a partner family takes part in building their own home and other Habitat homes and may include activities such as clearing the lot, painting, helping with construction, working in the Habitat office, or other approved activities.
Owning a Habitat home is a real possibility. We are still looking for Partner Families and we are still accepting applications.
If you want to be considered for homeownership, this is what you need to do:
First, look at all of the information above to see if you qualify to be a Partner Family and what will be expected of you if you are selected to be a Partner Family.
Second, fill out this Partner Family Questionnaire. Be sure that you give us your current contact information and that you answer all of the questions. Submit the Questionnaire. We will review it and then contact you.
Thank-you for wanting to be a part of Champlain Valley Habitat for Humanity. We are looking forward to receiving your Questionnaire and helping you through the lengthy application process.
The Family Selection Committee
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of US Policy for the achievement of equal opportunity throughout the nation. We
encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtain housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.